Thursday, March 15, 2012

Friends in the USA!

We have been staying busy here in Texas, trying not to miss Dirk too much!  We have used FaceTime almost every morning to see him and Otto, only when he isn't traveling himself.

This past week we got to catch up with the Bruce's again on Saturday afternoon.  They were kind enough to bring a jogging stroller to Singapore for us AND take home 5 cans of very special formula for Dylan so he would have it when we came to Texas.  

Yes, I wouldn't recommend putting your child on Bellamy's Organic Infant formula made in Australia, unless you LIVE in Australia!  I can find it easy in Singapore but no where else... I liked it only because it looked like real milk and didn't have an awful odor like most formula's.  But geez it is hard to find!  And it costs $55 SGD/ can!!!  Its only $10 more than all the other formula's in Singapore... so not too bad comparatively!  I can't stand when other people complain about how much things cost in the USA!!!  It is so so so cheap compared to the rest of the WORLD! 

Ok, back to visiting friends!  We made a visit out to Pearland to see one of my favorite couples, the Robinson's.  Jared got us a yummy Mexican dinner and margaritas to-go!!  They both got to meet the little man but I forgot to take a picture of course.  Next time, I am sure we will see them again soon!

I was able to grab a grown up drink with Laura Kirkham too, which I also forgot to take a picture!  I love that she lives so close to my parents and I have missed her so much!  She is a super woman/mom/ex-expat wife and gave me tons of tips with flying with an infant!  She has taken her boys all over the world.  We had yummy margarita's at Lupe's Tortilla just down the street in Katy before they headed off on their spring break road trip to Alabama!  Hope you had fun :)

I also got to have a quick lunch with Dayna and Dylan LOVED his play time with her!  She is expecting a boy this July!  So excited for the Nance's!!

Dylan & Dayna
Cat & Dylan at Collina's 
I was craving a Collina's pizza so Cat and I met up for a bottle of wine and pizza in the Heights!  She spoiled Dylan with some toys and we had the best time catching up!  I have really missed this girl!

Dylan started running fever today and has had some diarrhea all week.  I think and HOPE it is just teething... because this weekend we head to San Antonio and Concan to meet the rest of the Dunlap's for the first time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment