Wednesday, March 21, 2012

7 Months

I totally forgot to take the tie picture this month and now since we are in Texas I forgot to bring the monthly ties with me... ugh, you can only remember so much right?

Threw his frog towel on him one day in Singapore...

its too small now and I didn't get enough pictures with it!


7 months has to be one of my favorites!!  Dylan is so cuddly and only really wants his mommy but is still happy with everyone else.  He has really started to become a ham and picture hog... he wants people to smile at him and loves to laugh and mimic them.  He interacts with people so well and has really taken a liking to his grandparents.  Even the short time with his Aunt Lela he really seemed to enjoy. 

He isn't crawling or even acting like he wants to.  He has this "sitting up" business down pat and prefers to sit than lie down.  He will pull up and hold onto to things with help but still doesn't take a step.

7 Months

His fine motor skills are amazing and this object permanence understanding is really cool.  He understands when he drops something, he will look for it, pick it back up, and put it in the other hand, and then usually put it in his mouth.  This usually happens with the pacifier and it is amazing to watch.

He started mimicking my mom the other night and it was hilarious! He also started saying "mama", I have heard it a couple of times but haven't gotten to record it yet.  Dirk and I were hoping that "Otto" would be his first word, maybe his first real word...

No teeth yet but the bottom bumps are in full force and more and more drool keeps coming.  The reflux has gotten better too, less massive throw ups, more like little baby spit ups.

Still loves to watch his Baby Einstein and there is a new one I put on "Neptune's Ocean"  There is a part on there that scares him EVERY time and it is so cute!  Not like scary crying, like he jumps every time and it surprises him.  

His favorite toys are Sophie the Giraffe, the car seat frog is still popular, and Aunt Lela's gift of the gator is really popular at the moment too.  Basically anything that he can fit into his mouth while watching Baby Einstein.  Also the mirror with velcro owls that I put on his crib, he hated it when I first bought it, now he loves it.  He would sit in his crib for an hour playing with it while I take a shower... silly baby!  Just reinforces that I should keep everything for awhile... you never know when he will like it??

Ribbit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment