Sunday, October 2, 2011

Two Months

So we made it through our vaccines, whew, I was worried about those!  I didn't actually see him get the injections, Dirk held him while I waited in the breastfeeding room.  He took them like a champ though, only cried for a short while and then came to me for some grub.  He wasn't too fussy afterwards either, just has been sleeping a TON!  I can't believe how much he has been sleeping!  The first night after the jabs was 7 hours straight!  He might be going through a growth spurt too, I swear he woke up yesterday a new baby.

He has great head control now.

He is noticing his toys, different voices, and lights.  

He loves high pitched voices.  My friend Erin called from the U.S. to Skype and he was inthralled with her voice, kept starring at the computer the whole time. 

He is more vocal, lots of vowel sounds, and talking back to you using these sounds.  Today we had a whole conversation in vowels... I love how he is so much more interactive now!

He does have a new tummy problem, although the gas has subsided for now.  He has been having reflux which usually comes after a big feed.  The routine after feeding is a BIG stretch with hands above head and legs out straight, a couple of BIG burps, and then throwing up a couple of times.  Sometimes so much we go through several changes of clothes, mommy included. 

Here are is his stats, the doctor wasn't too impressed with his weight gain.  We decided it was due to a cold he had this month plus the reflux.  Solution now is smaller more frequent feeds.  Although my mom says I was always in the 25 percentile for weight until I reached adulthood.  Dirk on the other hand weighed more at birth than Dylan does at two months.  

Weight: 8 lb. 5 oz

Height: 21.1 inches 

Head Circumference: 14.5 inches 



My eye brows are getting really fuzzy







No comments:

Post a Comment