Monday, February 28, 2011

14 Weeks

14 weeks

The last couple of months have been rough, really rough! The nausea, heartburn, restless nights, exhaustion, back pain, joint aches.... I could go on and on... I sat down with a colleague at work to discuss all these symptoms. Currently there are 3 of us at work pregnant at the same time. Although these women are on their 3rd and 4th babies... Anyhow, I found out I am not alone. I know, so many of you probably said the same thing, but I didn't realize all this would happen so soon in a pregnancy. More the breathlessness, backaches, and trouble eating. It really helped to know that my friend was having the same issues, which she had never experienced before in her other pregnancies and she is only 8 weeks along.

So my misconceived notions of a pregnancy where all you did was gorge yourself on food, well, that is out the window. I eat every 2 hours, really small portions and don't eat anything after 6PM. My stomach just doesn't tolerate much these days and it seems later into the evenings it gets worse. So... pregnancy, great diet?? who knew?

I did get to see the little stinker at the 13 week exam. In Singapore, where health care is AMAZING and supportive of the patient's needs... we get an ultrasound EVERY TIME we go to the doctor, and guess what, the DOCTOR does all the scans AND measurements right there in the exam room. PLUS! They talk to you about ALL your concerns! Off soap box. Anyway, back to the stinker. It was awesome and amazing and every other word in the dictionary to see it moving around, waving its arms and legs... WOW! I have been feeling "flutter" in my stomach most nights, everyone at the clinic seems to think that is the baby, I on the other hand, think its gas. BUT how COOL if it is the baby? I think I have been feeling it for awhile now. My colleagues seem to think it will be a big baby. Dirk was over 10lbs. and I was just above 5lbs. If it takes after Dirk, THANK THE LORD for a c-section.

I will get to give the U.S. system another try. I will be back for my 20 week scan, AND since I fired my last OB/GYN, I will be looking for another one in the medical center.
So as life gets easier and I can finally eat more... I might be relaxing into this so called pre-motherhood state. We aren't sure if we will find out the gender, life doesn't give you many surprises these days, and we aren't too worried about what the gender is anyway. Healthy is what we are all about!

Ok, belly pictures?? First of all I really don't have a belly yet and second, am I really that kind of girl?? Time will only tell...

But isn't this mobile cute, gender neutral and all?? I think this may be the first purchase???

Dirk says the black sheep is very fitting for the Dunlap family. Hey, isn't different interesting??


No comments:

Post a Comment