Tuesday, April 24, 2012

First trip to Georgetown

April 20th, 2012: 8 months 4 weeks

Dylan and I got brave and headed for a three hour road trip to see the Boerckel's in Georgetown for the weekend.  I have decided that Dylan likes his own bed and familiar surroundings, I guess that is all part of getting older?  He did great on the car ride as usual, sang a couple of songs for me and then passed out.  It was just the sleeping over night in a new place that really got him so one night he ended up in my bed, just for the sake of everyone else sleep....

I love getting together with these ladies!  And I love even more that their husband's are some of Dirk's best friends from highschool and we all still stay in touch even though we live pretty far apart!  I could go on and on what I love about these families; we all have kids now and close in age at that, it's so easy to get together with them "just like old times", and they understand the kid part and totally help out!!

We had a relaxing couple of days, didn't even get back in the car, just hung out in the backyard, drank margaritas, and watched the kids play.  The girls liked to take Dylan's pacifier and watch him cry... it actually was pretty funny!  We need to toughen this little guy up for sure!

Real Housewives of Highschool Best Friends

Chelsea Kripner, Kelley Boerckel, Me
Drew, Ainsley, Kelly Boerckel; Me & Dylan, Chelsea & Adalynn Kripner
Blondes vs Brunettes 

No comments:

Post a Comment