Friday, September 23, 2011

Rough Saturday Morning...

We found a new position to sleep in that we like.  It seems our little man likes to be held or at least until he is asleep.  

This week he is 8 weeks old, sleeping in his own room where it is dark and quiet.  He is eating every 5-6 hours now at night and the first part of the morning.  I can finally get some good sleep but end up waking up in a panic because I hadn't heard the baby cry.  I then check on him every 10 minutes, thinking he will wake up any minute, nope just sleeps soundly. 

He is easily settled, likes to be held upright and look around, and has an appetite like no other.  We are still breastfeeding, to my amazement!  He was a pro right from the start :)  

Next week is the dreaded 2 month vaccines... I have many offers from my colleagues to hold him during these vaccines but I think Dirk is going to step up to the plate.  I will not be in the room!  Too many hormones to see my baby cry, just pass him over from the vaccine room to the breastfeeding room... 



1 comment:

  1. He still looks so tiny, wow!! Can't wait to hear his 2 month stats. Emma had her shots today and I teared up when the nurse walked in the room!! Emma cried, but recovered very quickly once we were able to hold her. I really do think its harder for the parents than babies!! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete