Wednesday, February 22, 2012

6 Months

We are 6 months now! I went back to work more this month and it has been really hard finding time to blog or do anything for that matter.  I am a little torn on this subject, I love my job and the people I work with, but spending time with my little man is more fun!  He is changing so fast...

This month we started sitting up unassisted. Still don't like tummy time that much but LOVEs to sit up and play with toys.  The favorite toy of the month would be a toss up from Sophie the Giraffe and the steering wheel car that he can sit up and play with.

No teeth yet, but majorly working on them.  Everything goes into the mouth and Sophie is a favorite as well as anyone who will lend a finger.

We moved up a level at Gymboree even though he still can't roll over.  We are getting close, very close, should be this week or next.  Level two has much more activity than level one, that include moving around and playing on the equipment.  We also started swim lessons with a lovely bunch of babies his age and mommies (This mommy could use more mommy friends)!  It is 30 minutes of pure bliss for Dylan, he LOVES the water and is so relaxed in it.

We started eating more foods this month and graduated to level two of Annabel Karmel's baby food book.  I have been making some and buying some organic baby food if I can't find the ones I want to try in the organic raw form.  So far we have made "see in the dark" recipe of carrots, chicken stock, and onion; blueberry, peach, and pear puree; avocado, banana, and yogurt; broccoli and sweet potatoes; and butternut squash with nutmeg.  I have been adding a little spice to every dish and he really seems to like it.   Apples, pears, and cinnamon was his favorite.

He is still a very happy baby who loves to sleep.  He is still sleeping from 7PM-6AM every night and takes about 3-4 naps a day, 2 long and 2 short.  He is always smiling, laughing, and making noise.  The only time he cries is when he is hungry or tired, otherwise he will smile for anyone who smiles at him.

He isn't attached to anyone just yet, he definitely loves his mommy, I catch him watching me all the time.  Jessa is a close second to me, he is always smiling for her and looking around the room for her.  I come home most days and she has him laughing away in her lap.

Stats for 6 months:

Weight: 15 lbs 2.68 ounces (10-25%)

Height: 25.8 inches (25-50%)

Head Circumference: 16.7 inches (10-25%)

At the beach!

Making noise

Looking at Otto

Serious face for a picture with Mommy

Easily distracted 

Blowing rasberries

Happy Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment